We will provide an in-home consultation at no cost to you.
During this visit, we will ensure that our services are a good fit for your pets and family. You will get to meet your pet’s caretaker, and ask any questions you may have.
This 30-60 minute visit will encompass all aspects of your pet and/or home care routine. We will:
- learn your pet’s routine
- learn the location of pet supplies, cleaning supplies and other items
- learn the location of important items in case of emergency
- discuss all the tasks we will perform at each visit
- finalize a schedule of your pet’s visits
- review your completed forms
- try your house keys and practice setting your alarm
- review your Time to Pet account
Consultations are scheduled Monday – Friday, from 9 AM – 8 PM.
Most consultations are between 30-60 minutes. Not available on Holidays.
We require 48 hours notice for all New Client Consultations.
There is no charge for the initial Consultation.
An invoice for your services will be sent to you after our meeting, and your payment will be due within 48 hours.
Yes, you will have a little homework to do, but caring for your pets and home is a responsibility which we do not take lightly.
We want to have as much information as possible in case of an emergency, or in the unlikely event we need to send a substitute to care for your pets.
Please have the following items ready for our meeting:
2 copies of your house key
- 1 of these stays with your sitter, the other stays in our locked office safe – just in case. Keys are not marked with your name or address.
- If you only have 1 key, we can have an extra copy made for you for a $5 fee
Activate your Time to Pet account and complete the following information:
- MY INFO: Fill in all the required contact information
- PETS: Complete the required information for each pet you own (including pets we do not care for)
Once your Time to Pet account has been activated, visit the MY INFO tab.
Along the right side of the screen you will see your Documents. Download your forms, print them, and fill them out completely.
If your home has an alarm, we request that you create a specific Key Code for our Pet Sitter (that we will provide for you). This way you will not need to share your personal code with us. This will also allow you to verify our arrival and departure times for our visits, in case there are any doubts.
If you are not sure how to do this, please contact your alarm company for assistance.
If your baby has a complicated treatment schedule, or requires numerous medications, it would be very helpful if you could provide separate, detailed instructions. This will allow us to keep your pet’s routine as normal as possible, and help us to provide the best care for him/her.
Please hand-write or type your instructions and have them ready for our meeting.
If we are scheduling Recovery Visits for your pet, please have a copy of your pet’s post-surgical instructions and all medication instructions ready for us to review.
You may wish to prepare a list of questions to ask during our Meet & Greet. This will ensure that we will address as many of your concerns as possible during our face-to-face meeting.