Which dogs need this service?
Every dog needs the opportunity to get in touch with his wild side!
An Outdoor Adventure gives your pooch access to all the sights, sounds and sniffs Mother Nature has to offer…
…give your high-energy pet the opportunity to burn off some of that pent-up energy.
…help your overweight dog shed a few extra pounds.
…give your best friend an awesome birthday present.
…schedule this service in addition to your dog’s regular walks.
…or add a session to your pet sitting visits to get your dog some extra exercise while you are out of town.
What we do
We take your pet to one of the Seacoast’s dog-friendly trails, parks or beaches for an exciting adventure in the great outdoors!
While this will be great stimulation and exercise, most of the trails on our roster are relatively easy. We are not climbing Mount Everest!
Our goal is for your pet to have an enjoyable experience!
If your dog needs a little more of a workout, we recommend purchasing a hiking pack for him/her to carry along on our adventure. If you need help with the equipment selection or acclimating your dog to wearing a pack, please let us know.
Swimming will be allowed in ponds and rivers with your permission. Trips to the beach are only available in the off-season, as most of the Seacoast beaches do not allow dogs during daytime hours in summer.
Your dog’s adventure includes…
- Pick-up and travel to our destination
- 60, 90, or 120 full minutes of leashed outdoor activity (travel time is additional)
- Application of plant-based tick protection (if desired)
- Plenty of fresh water
- Rest/treat breaks as needed
- Photos of our outing
- Wipe-down if wet and muddy
- Brush out, check over for ticks, and remove dirt/plant material
- Return trip home
- Refresh water, give snacks/food as needed
Weather and trail conditions
Hikes will be done year-round rain or shine. If severe weather or thunderstorms are in the forecast, we are open to rescheduling the session for another day during the week if your schedule is flexible.
We recommend a raincoat for wet days if your dog will tolerate one. We will do our absolute best to clean off any dirt, mud and debris at the end of our adventure, but we can’t always promise a sparkly clean dog. 🙂
We hike as safely as possible, but there is always a slight risk of minor injuries in the great outdoors. Possibilities include cuts, paw injuries, or encounters with wildlife. We carry a pack with a first aid kit, plenty of water, snacks, cell phone, and other items in case of emergency.
While we would love to take every dog with us on an adventure, not every dog will qualify for this specialized service.
All dogs must:
- Be in good overall health
- Be at least 1 year old
- Be comfortable outdoors
- Have good leash-walking manners
- Be able to handle meeting other dogs and people on the trails
- Ride comfortably in the car
- Intact female dogs cannot be in heat
- Clean water & drinking bowl
- Trail snacks (grain-free)
- Biodegradable poop bags
- Properly fitted collar/harness
- A bright color would be great
- 4-6 foot leash (required by many trails/parks)
- NO RETRACTABLE LEASHES
- Towel to wipe your dog down after our hike if needed
- ID tags with your current information + any other ID you have including rabies tag, license, microchip tag, etc
- More ID is always better
- Tick protection
- Dog hiking pack
- Trail treats for energy – jerky or meat-based treats work well
- Booties or regular application of Musher’s secret (or something similar)
- Bright-colored vest, bandanna, collar, etc for visibility
Where we go
We have assembled a list of 35+ locations where your dog can romp and frolic.
To see all the trails on a Google map, click here.
We have verified that all the parks/trails on our list allow dogs.
Session times and rates
Please see the Hiking & Adventures Service page for current availability and rates.
Make a reservation
If you are ready to schedule, click here.
We are so excited to have the chance to offer this unique service.
Please let us know your thoughts in the comments below.